San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in San Luis Obispo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved with in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your vehicle and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where viable and if legal, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you pass on your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the sooner they can start working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the incident or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in San Luis Obispo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.