Point Arena Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Point Arena, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your car and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the collision, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if legal, move the car to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the wreck the quicker they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the accident or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Point Arena, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.