Mendocino Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Mendocino, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car collision can help establish the insurance claims process easier and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your car and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is precious a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you submit your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the faster they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the incident or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Mendocino, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.