Independence Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Independence, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process simpler and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, stop your vehicle and test for wounds.
The life and wellness of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the accident, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the earlier they know about the crash the faster they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to deliberate like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibility for the incident or facts of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Independence, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.