Elmira Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Elmira, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process easier and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, stop your car and check for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the vehicles to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you submit your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the sooner they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to regard like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the collision or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Elmira, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.