Edison Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Edison, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your car and check for lacerations.
The life and healthful of you, your visitors and the other people entangled in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the collision, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if valid, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a drawing off is deserving a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the wreck the speedier they can begin working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to deliberate like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the incident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Edison, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.