Dana Point Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Dana Point, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, halt your vehicle and test for wounds.
The life and wellness of you, your occupants and the other people caught up in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the sooner they can commence working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the crash or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Dana Point, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.