Chico Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Chico, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved with in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help establish the insurance claims process faster and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your vehicle and watch for injuries.
The life and wellness of you, your commuters and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where possible and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can begin working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to deliberate like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibleness for the accident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Chico, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.