Car Accident Lawyer Santa Margarita
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Santa Margarita, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car collision can help prepare the insurance claims process faster and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your car and check for injuries.
The life and healthful of you, your commuters and the other people entangled in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if valid, move the cars to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing off is priceless a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you give in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the wreck the sooner they can initiate working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the crash or facts of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Santa Margarita, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.