Car Accident Lawyer San Mateo
|If you need car accident lawyer service in San Mateo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car collision can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your vehicle and test for lacerations.
The life and healthful of you, your visitors and the other people implicated in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if legal, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a drawing off is worth a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you pass on your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the collision the sooner they can commence working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the crash or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in San Mateo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.