Car Accident Lawyer San Jose
|If you need car accident lawyer service in San Jose, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and expert drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process faster and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your vehicle and check for injuries.
The life and wellness of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the policemen and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the autos to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketch is priceless a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you give in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the faster they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to regard like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the incident or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in San Jose, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.