Car Accident Lawyer Port Costa
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Port Costa, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process easier and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your vehicle and check for injuries.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if valid, move the cars to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is worth a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you submit your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they know about the crash the sooner they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to regard like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the incident or circumstances of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Port Costa, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.