Car Accident Lawyer Petaluma
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Petaluma, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help establish the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and check for wounds.
The life and wellness of you, your occupants and the other people caught up in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if lawful, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketch is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you pass on your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the wreck the sooner they can commence working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the collision or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Petaluma, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.