Car Accident Lawyer Newcastle
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Newcastle, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, halt your car and test for wounds.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if valid, move the cars to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a drawing is precious a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you give in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to call your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the speedier they can initiate working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the incident or events of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Newcastle, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.