Car Accident Lawyer in West Point
|If you need car accident lawyer service in West Point, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and proficient drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help establish the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your car and test for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your visitors and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police and let them know of the crash, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where practicable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you submit your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the sooner they know about the crash the speedier they can begin working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to regard like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the accident or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in West Point, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.