Car Accident Lawyer in Santa Monica
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Santa Monica, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process simpler and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your car and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellness of you, your passengers and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police force and let them know of the mishap, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if legal, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing off is precious a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you submit your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the quicker they know about the wreck the sooner they can start working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to regard like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the duty for the collision or circumstances of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Santa Monica, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.