Car Accident Lawyer in Portola Valley
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Portola Valley, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and skilled drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, cease your vehicle and check for wounds.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if valid, move the autos to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing off is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you give in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and account the accident because the earlier they know about the crash the faster they can begin working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to regard like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the duty for the crash or events of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Portola Valley, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.