Car Accident Lawyer in Orland
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Orland, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car crash can help establish the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the collision, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if valid, move the cars to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing off is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and account the accident because the sooner they know about the crash the speedier they can begin working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to study like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the crash or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Orland, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.