Car Accident Lawyer in Lewiston
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Lewiston, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process simpler and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your automobile and test for injuries.
The life and wellbeing of you, your commuters and the other people caught up in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where possible and if legal, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you give in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the wreck the sooner they can commence working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to study like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the accident or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Lewiston, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.