Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Bragg
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Fort Bragg, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your automobile and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your visitors and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the car to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is worth a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you put in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the quicker they know about the crash the quicker they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibleness for the crash or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Fort Bragg, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.