Car Accident Lawyer in Duncans Mills
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Duncans Mills, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process faster and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and watch for injuries.
The life and wellbeing of you, your commuters and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the collision, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketching is priceless a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the speedier they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to deliberate like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the incident or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Duncans Mills, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.