Car Accident Lawyer in Covelo
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Covelo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and proficient drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car crash can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, stop your vehicle and check for wounds.
The life and health of you, your visitors and the other people involved in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where viable and if legal, move the cars to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketch is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the sooner they know about the collision the faster they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the incident or events of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Covelo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.