Car Accident Lawyer in Carmel By The Sea
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Carmel By The Sea, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car crash can help prepare the insurance claims process easier and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, cease your vehicle and watch for wounds.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketch is priceless a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to call your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the quicker they know about the collision the faster they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the crash or facts of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Carmel By The Sea, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.