Car Accident Lawyer Crestline
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Crestline, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be entangled in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and proficient drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and check for injuries.
The life and health of you, your visitors and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where possible and if legal, move the car to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketching is priceless a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and account the accident because the earlier they know about the crash the faster they can commence working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to consider like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the collision or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Crestline, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.