Car Accident Lawyer Atascadero
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Atascadero, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car collision can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, cease your vehicle and test for injuries.
The life and health of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where practicable and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the wreck the speedier they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the crash or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Atascadero, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.