Alturas Car Accident Lawyer
|If you need car accident lawyer service in Alturas, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and skilled drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help prepare the insurance claims process simpler and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, stop your vehicle and test for wounds.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people implicated in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put forward your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and account the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the crash the sooner they can commence working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the accident or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident lawyer service in Alturas, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.