Thousand Oaks Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Thousand Oaks, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process faster and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, cease your vehicle and check for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the policemen and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the autos to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you pass on your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the quicker they can start working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the crash or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Thousand Oaks, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.