Tahoe City Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Tahoe City, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be entangled in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, cease your car and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your commuters and the other people implicated in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the car to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketching is deserving a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you pass on your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the sooner they know about the crash the quicker they can initiate working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the incident or facts of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Tahoe City, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.