South Lake Tahoe Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in South Lake Tahoe, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process easier and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, stop your automobile and watch for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the collision, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the car to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you give in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the collision the faster they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to study like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the obligation for the crash or facts of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in South Lake Tahoe, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.