Portola Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Portola, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved with in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your automobile and test for wounds.
The life and healthful of you, your passengers and the other people caught up in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you pass on your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the quicker they know about the wreck the quicker they can begin working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the obligation for the accident or facts of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Portola, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.