Lincoln Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Lincoln, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process faster and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your automobile and watch for injuries.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the quicker they know about the collision the quicker they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to deliberate like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibility for the incident or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Lincoln, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.