Lewiston Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Lewiston, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process easier and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your car and test for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if valid, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you submit your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the earlier they know about the collision the faster they can initiate working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the collision or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Lewiston, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.