Essex Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Essex, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be caught up in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car collision can help prepare the insurance claims process easier and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your vehicle and test for wounds.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people implicated in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the chance event, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where practicable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to call your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the collision the sooner they can start working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to deliberate like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the crash or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Essex, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.