Elk Grove Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Elk Grove, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved with in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, halt your car and check for injuries.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police force and let them know of the chance event, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where viable and if legal, move the autos to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketch is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they know about the crash the quicker they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to study like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibleness for the incident or events of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Elk Grove, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.