Durham Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Durham, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be caught up in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help prepare the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, stop your automobile and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your commuters and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the autos to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you submit your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the quicker they know about the crash the quicker they can commence working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the incident or facts of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Durham, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.