Car Accident Attorney Placerville
|If you need car accident attorney service in Placerville, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, halt your car and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the collision, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the car to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the collision or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Placerville, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.