Car Accident Attorney in Cottonwood
|If you need car accident attorney service in Cottonwood, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and skilled drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car collision can help establish the insurance claims process simpler and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your automobile and watch for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the collision, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where possible and if valid, move the car to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is worth a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you pass on your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they know about the crash the sooner they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the crash or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Cottonwood, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.