Car Accident Attorney Elmira
|If you need car accident attorney service in Elmira, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your automobile and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a drawing is priceless a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put forward your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the collision the faster they can commence working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to study like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the incident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Elmira, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.