Car Accident Attorney Dunsmuir
|If you need car accident attorney service in Dunsmuir, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, cease your vehicle and check for bruises.
The life and wellness of you, your occupants and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the collision, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if lawful, move the car to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketching is worth a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you submit your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the quicker they know about the wreck the sooner they can start working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to deliberate like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the collision or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Dunsmuir, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.