Car Accident Attorney Colfax
|If you need car accident attorney service in Colfax, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be entangled in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and skilled drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your vehicle and test for wounds.
The life and wellbeing of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the chance event, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where practicable and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is worth a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you give in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they know about the collision the quicker they can begin working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the crash or events of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Colfax, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.