Car Accident Attorney Callahan
|If you need car accident attorney service in Callahan, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your vehicle and check for wounds.
The life and wellbeing of you, your visitors and the other people involved in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing off is priceless a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you put forward your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the wreck the speedier they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the crash or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Callahan, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.