Big Bend Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Big Bend, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be involved with in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your vehicle and test for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing off is worth a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the collision the sooner they can start working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibility for the incident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Big Bend, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.