Auburn Car Accident Attorney
|If you need car accident attorney service in Auburn, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help establish the insurance claims process simpler and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and watch for injuries.
The life and healthful of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police and let them know of the collision, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a drawing off is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you pass on your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the speedier they can start working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to study like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the accident or circumstances of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need car accident attorney service in Auburn, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.