Ventura Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Ventura, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help establish the insurance claims process faster and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your vehicle and watch for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the collision, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the autos to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a drawing off is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you pass on your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the faster they can begin working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to study like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the incident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Ventura, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.