Thousand Oaks Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Thousand Oaks, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process simpler and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your vehicle and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellbeing of you, your occupants and the other people implicated in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the accident, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the car to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is precious a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you submit your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the wreck the speedier they can start working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to regard like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the collision or events of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Thousand Oaks, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.