Summerland Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Summerland, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved with in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car collision can help establish the insurance claims process easier and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, stop your car and test for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your visitors and the other people implicated in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the collision, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the vehicles to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the crash occurred sometimes a sketching is deserving a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can initiate working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to regard like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the accident or facts of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Summerland, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.