Santa Barbara Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Santa Barbara, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and expert drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process easier and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, cease your car and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the autos to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketching is precious a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you pass on your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the wreck the sooner they can commence working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to study like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibleness for the accident or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Santa Barbara, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.