San Mateo Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in San Mateo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be entangled in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, stop your automobile and test for lacerations.
The life and wellness of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing off is precious a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the speedier they can commence working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibleness for the collision or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in San Mateo, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.