Rancho Santa Margarita Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Rancho Santa Margarita, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and expert drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process simpler and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, halt your car and watch for injuries.
The life and healthful of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if lawful, move the autos to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is priceless a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the sooner they know about the collision the sooner they can begin working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to regard like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the incident or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Rancho Santa Margarita, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.