Port Hueneme Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Port Hueneme, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process simpler and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, halt your vehicle and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellbeing of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where feasible and if valid, move the cars to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is precious a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you put in your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the quicker they know about the collision the speedier they can commence working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to study like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the obligation for the collision or facts of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Port Hueneme, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.